Spring has sprung — despite those white patches you’re still seeing on the ground. That means that it’s time to brunch, egg hunt, ride horses, take a train and even skydive (indoors) with the Easter Bunny.
Here’s the NJNext.com roundup of the best events in NJ for hopping down the bunny trail:
Skyline Church Easter Egg Hunt is free for all and has games, face painting and bounce houses. The hunt starts at 11:30am and has over 10,000 eggs to be found. Skyline provides a separate hunt area for special needs children who attend. It is held in a separate area so they can hunt without as much noise or pressure of so many other children. You must get a free ticket for every person in your party to attend the event. TICKETS: https://skylinehunt2018.eventbrite.com/.
Be sure to RSVP for the annual Great Egg Hunt in Hamilton Park on March 24. If your child wants to participate in the egg hunt, be sure to check the schedule of events as there will be different time slots for different age groups.
Everyone’s favorite cottontail visits Oakeside in time for Easter. Children ages 3 to 9 will participate in a craft project, have a picture taken with the Bunny and receive a balloon and a special treat. Reservations are required for this event. Please call the Oakeside office at 973-429-0960 for information or reservations.
For families with children ages 1 to 6. Celebrate the beginning of spring with a story of the Little White Rabbit, a visit from a live Rabbit, and an egg hunt within the forest grounds of the Environmental Center. Kids bring your favorite basket to collect eggs and earn surprises!
Hop on Down to the Egg Hunt Maplewood, NJ Recreation is pleased to announce the 34th annual Spring Egg Hunt on Sunday, 3/25 from noon to 2pm. Please arrive promptly at noon with a basket or bag to make sure you don’t miss anything. Activities include flowerpot painting, petting zoo, music and a special guest. Any questions please call the Recreation Department at 973.762.8120.
Monmouth Park hosts an Easter Bunny Brunch and free egg hunt on Sunday, March 25 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the William Hill Race & Sports Bar. $30 adults, $15 kids 12 and under Enjoy a delicious brunch buffet PLUS take your picture with the Easter Bunny.
It’s that time of year again for Jenkinson’s Boardwalk Annual Easter Egg Hunt! Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 1pm sharp (Rain or Shine) Join the FREE family fun for the unofficial kickoff to the summer season!
8. 26th Annual Easter Bunny Express in Whippany, March 24, 25, 31
Celebrate the return of Spring with a fun themed train ride through northern New Jersey! The Easter Bunny and train crew will be on board greeting everyone during the 45-minute round-trip ride along the historic Whippanong Trail. Saturday, March 24 Sunday, March 25 Saturday, March 31 at 1:00PM, 2:00PM, 3:00PM, 4:00PM.
The Easter Bunny Visits Storybook Land March 30, 31 and April 1st and the Easter Egg Hunt runs March 31st and April 1st runs from noon to 4 p.m. Spend the day visiting with the Easter Bunny while traveling through the various fairy tales and nursery rhymes. Tickets start at $20.50. For more information, call (609) 641-7847.
10. Storytime with the Easter Bunny at Turtle Back Zoo, March 30.
Ticket includes: reading of two stories by Zoo Staff meet & greet and takeaway photo with the Easter Bunny animal presentation includes general zoo admission ticket for non-members. Event lasts approximately 30-45 minutes.
The Kiwanis Club of Cape May presents their annual Easter Egg Hunt on March 31 at 10 a.m. at Cape May City Elementary School. Children in the age groups toddlers through 12 years old are awarded prizes for finding the Golden Egg. Come out to meet the Easter Bunny!
The grounds of the museum are a beautifully landscaped adventure, so there are lots of neat hiding places for eggs. Kids can run through the hedges to find hidden eggs filled with holiday treats. After they can visit with the famous Easter Bunny! There will be another session starting at noon.
15. iPlay America hosts Breakfast With the Sonny the Bunny in Freehold., March 24, 9 a.m.Hot breakfast buffet that includes an omelet station, assorted breakfast breads, yogurt and granola, pancakes, fresh fruit and more! While you are eating, Sonny the Bunny will walk around and visit with guests at their tables. Then, gather the whole family together for a picture with him taken by a professional photographer with a free digital download. Entertainment including Miss Sherri from Honey Child Music Academy, Neverland Balloon Artists, Face painting and a photo booth with The Selfie Social! Adult and Child ticket includes Breakfast buffet, a photo with Sonny the Bunny and a $5 iPlay America Game Card. Afterwards, enjoy our Free Sonny the Bunny Colossal Carrot Adventure, taking place inside the park from 10am-12pm. TICKET PRICES: Adults $24.95, Children $14.95.
16. Breakfast With the Easter Bunny at The Bernards Inn. March 25The Easter Bunny is hopping into town for this festive Buffet Breakfast served from 8:30 am to 1:00 p.m. on March 25 at The Bernards Inn. Meet and take photos with the Easter Bunny, enjoy a spectacular breakfast, enter contests and win fabulous Bernards Inn prizes. $35.00 for adults. $20.00 for children from 2 years to 12 years. Complimentary for children under 2 years
17. Breakfast with the Easter Bunny and Friends in Camden, March 31 Enjoy Breakfast with the Easter Bunny and Friends on Saturday, March 31st from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Millennium Skate World. $10.00 per person enjoy Breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Poppa Smurf, Smurfette, Poppy Troll, Marshall and Hello Kitty. Must purchase tickets in Advance at the rink or by phone. Tickets: $10. Stay for the Family Skate session from 12pm-3pm for Only $3.00.
18. Breakfast With the Easter Bunny in Camden, March 31
Brunch with the Easter Bunny at the Camden Children’s Garden. So much more than just a meal, visit with the Easter Bunny at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 31 at Camden’s Children’s Garden. Crafts, games, rides, egg hunt and Brunch with our very own Easter Bunny! Come to the Garden for the most unique Brunch with the Bunny ever! Lots to do and lots of fun too! CALL 856 365 8733 for tickets and information. Admission: adults: $16, children under 12: $25, children under 2: $20.
Adults and children can enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience while egg hunting on horseback at Acres Away in Flemington. Two options available (pick one): RESERVATIONS NECESSARY – ANY day in the month of APRIL & MARCH is available for this special Easter event! Call 24+hours in advance to ensure a booking.