From Farmly: What’s for dinner? Like most working people, Chef James Avery faces this dilemma every day – even as the man behind the popular Asbury Park sustainable seafood restaurant, The Bonney Read, and especially with a family of six to feed. His nourishing, delicious solution for the entire community is Farmly, a new “farm-to-family” neighborhood kitchen serving simple, soulful, wholesome home-cooked meals to go. Farmly’s slow-roasted, high-quality meats and home-style sides are made with premium, purposeful ingredients, prepared with minimal yet savory seasonings, and offered in varying single and family sizes. Farmly’s first location is now open in Sea Girt, NJ (2100 Rt. 35, 732-359-6936, www.eatfarmly.com).
Fresh, sustainable, responsibly sourced and all-around superior ingredients have been key to The Bonney Read’s success. Believing in the convenience of the concept and the integrity of the Farmlymenu he envisioned, Chef Avery traveled far and wide, to Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley Organic for organic, humanely raised chicken, and to Iowa for heritage-bred Beeler’s Pure Pork, antibiotic and GMO-free. Vegetables and grains are sourced to the best available quality.
Farmly food is prepared in a true professional kitchen—there are no fryers or microwaves here! To order their Farmly meal, guests first choose a slow-cooked, tender, flavorful meat: Rotisserie options include:
- Organic Rotisserie Chicken (quarter, half or whole)
- Herb Roasted Pulled Pork
- Grass Fed Roast BeefThen, add 2 sides to the protein, for a Personal meal; for a Kids’ Meal, choose 1 rotisserie item and 1 side (comes with juice box or organic milk). Signature salads and sides include:
- Gigante Beans & Broccoli Rabe (roasted garlic, chili flakes)
- Roasted Carrots (sherry vinegar, brown butter)
- Market Greens & Toasted Farro (pine nuts, currants)
- Carrot Chicory Salad (apricot, coconut, white balsamic)
- Corn and Quinoa (queso fresco, jalapeno, cilantro, lime)
- Honey/Lavender Corn BreadWith all of these combinations (including true vegetarian and gluten-free options), Farmly makes it simple to grab and go home with a truly delicious meal that is wholesome, nutrient-dense, and thoughtfully prepared. Or, a selection of meats and sides a la carte allows guests to stock up for the week!Hand-carved Sandwiches, like the Roasted Pork (Broccoli Rabe, Provolone) and Roast Beef(Cheddar and Atomic sauce), are served on fresh-baked bread. There are also Farmly Provisions: bone broth, daily soup, non-GMO cookies, baked goods made with cage-free eggs, and low-sugar beverages.Chef Avery will add seasonal specials to the menu; expect to see sweet Jersey corn in the Summer.Spacious and welcoming, the Farmly Sea Girt location embodies the spirit of the concept, with its clean lines, white tile and wood trim, and custom-made birch communal tables and booths for eating in. Finally, Farmly offers seamless convenience, with meals full of flavor and nutrition, while sharing its guests’ values of wholesomeness and authenticity. Order in person or online atwww.eatfarmly.com.