Who needs to travel to New Orleans when Mardi Gras celebrations are taking place all over the Garden State? Whether you want to listen to live jazz or make your own mask, or eat delicious jambalaya, we’ve got your venue. So, grab your beads and get ready to eat your king cake close to home because Fat Tuesday festivities abound.
Let’s check out a few of the places where you can indulge (click on the headers for more information):
- Gladstone Tavern Presents Mardi Gras Menu Feb. 26 – March 5 — From Gladstone Tavern: From Feb. 26 through March 5 enjoy Mardi Gras Week. Come in and sample a special Cajun Menu.
- South Jersey Jazz 3rd Annual Mardi Gras in Somers Point March 1 — The South Jersey Jazz Society presents its 3rd Annual Mardi Gras Celebration, March 1, 2019, Greate Bay Country Club. Tickets: $45 per person / $80 per couple. Includes performance by Zydeco A Go Go, Mardi Gras Mask Competition, King Cake, a great New Orlean’s style Buffet and more! More information here.
- The Nerds’ Mardi Gras Bash in Garwood March 1 — The Nerds’ Mardi Gras Bash & Jack! Friday Mar 1, 2019 8:00 PM 21 and over $15 Crossroads 78 North Ave. Garwood,
- Mardi Gras Party March 1 in South Orange-Maplewood — Kick off the Achieve Foundation’s annual Nights of 100 Dinners fundraiser with a Mardi Gras party! Everyone in the community is invited to an adults-only event sponsored by Edrington to celebrate the efforts of the Achieve Foundation to support SOMSD students and teachers. Music by Big Mamou and performances by CHS students! Admission includes food and drink.
- Mardi Gras-Style Party in Highland Park March 2 — Join “The Cultural Exchange Project” in celebration of Mardi Gras 2019. The Reformed Church of Highland Park will be embracing the celebration with plenty of food, music and dance….. authentically New Orleans Style. With raffles, costume contest, games and so much more.
- Mardi Gras/Baked Donut Workshop in Cherry Hill March 3 — Participants at Sugarplum Studio’s Donut Workshop will be working with raw ingredients to mix, scoop and bake, then dip and decorate ONE DOZEN mini donuts with all sorts of fun glazes, toppings, and fillings in a colorful Mardi Gras theme! Workshop includes all ingredients and decorating materials, use of tools, disposable apron, take home box, and professional instruction. More information here.
- Zeppelin Hall in Jersey City Thru March 3 — A special menu of Mardi Gras favorites through Sunday, March 3. More here.
- Mardi Gras Madness March 5 in North Paramus — Mardi Gras Madness by ASPIRE DESIGN AND HOME magazine Tue, March 5, 2019 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM EST Hunter Douglas Design Gallery by Michael Felice Jazz Music, Cocktails, & Cajun Faire.
- Mardi Gras at Drew’s Bayshore Bistro, Keyport, March 5 — On March 5, Drew’s will offer a multi-course, prix fixe meal ($60 per person) that includes cornbread, biscuits, red beans and rice. Starters include a muffuletta-style antipasto plate; pimento cheese empanadas with bacon jam; crawfish beignets; pork rice balls with Creole mustard; seafood gumbo; and broiled oysters, and more. Entrees: jambalaya over pasta with Cajun parmesan cream sauce; breaded catfish with braised greens; crawfish étouffée; and Nashville hot chicken with jalapeno slaw. Dessert: beignets; bananas Foster bread pudding; Guinness ice cream sundaes; pretzel-chocolate-caramel tart; Key lime tart. At 25 Church St., Keyport; 732-739-9219, bayshorebistro.com.
- Mardi Gras Celebration in Fairfield March 8 — Mardi Gras by WGW Productions on March 8 at 8 p.m. Party the night away & enjoy our masquerade mask contest, plenty of beads, DJ Cal, + food & drinks NO COVER CHARGE Bar and/or food a must Location.
- The Cajun Crab in North Plainfield — Celebrate Mardi Gras by stopping by this new authentic Louisiana restaurant for some Cajun crawfish, lobster tails, crab legs and clams. The Cajun Crab, 789 US Highway 22 West, North Plainfield, New Jersey.
Did we miss your business or organization in our round-up? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.